Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2011

A realization... while waiting...

"The LORD is my Shepherd; there is nothing that I want."
Psalm 23:1

So I took a couple of days to spend in focused prayer over what to say next, and this came to me last night.  However, I wanted to wait until I had some confirmation of it... and then Psalm 23 was on today's reading plan when I opened my notes.  I'm gonna call that confirmation.

The point today is somewhat obvious, but it needs to be stated for all to see and hear and learn and know, for all time.  God is in control.  Yeah, that's really it.

He is our Shepherd.  He protects, provides, leads, walks with, returns to the fold, chases the wayward... and His presence is always a comfort to all who need Him.  I want nothing in life, because He is here with me, right now, and will never leave.  He allows us all things, friend... all things.

And it should be noted that David did not say that he wanted "only a few things."  He wants NOTHING.  God provides the needs, and the wants are irrelevant.  The same is true for us.  Our needs are met... it's our wants that we linger upon, when we should want for nothing.  We should want only to give our desires to Him, and in that giving we should know that we will be blessed for our faithfulness.  He does care, and He is there and He will provide.

Rest today in the knowledge that God is the great Shepherd, and that He cares for you.  We are His flock, and we receive one-with-one attention in all aspects of our lives, no matter how small or unimportant the issue may seem.  And like the ticks and gnats picked off of sheep, He takes the time needed to clean us and purify us.

Thank You, Father, for all You are and all You do for all of us. 

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment