Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday's thought...

"He mocks those who mock, but gives grace to the humble."
Proverbs 3:34

QBQ - Am I humble?  Do I listen?  Or am I merely awaiting my turn to reply in rebuttal?

This is a difficult concept for every person alive.  And for anyone who believes otherwise, I would say that you are wrong.  We are self-centered creatures, due to the sin nature that exists within us all, and only through Christ can we break that mold.  But seriously ask yourself today whether you are waiting for the Lord's leading as you answer or act, or if you are just waiting for the moment to come... the truth of that might shock you.

I keep a host of post-it notes and scribblings on calendars with "3:34" written on it to remind me of this powerful truth.  It is necessary, because I am human.  And, while this may come as a surprise to some, anyone reading this on the planet earth is also human: born of the same sin-tainted line of Adam as me, and in the same need of this reminder as me, regardless of how severe the degree of that need might be.

Think and pray about how you listen today.  Do not mock, regardless of what comes.  Encourage someone by knowing and living this truth, and honor the Lord in doing so!

May He bless you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment