Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Think on this... while you wait...

"LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!"
Psalm 8:1

While we wait, and this one will be short today, please think upon Whom we are awaiting.  And I have a question for you on that topic.

How many friends do you have?  Better still, how many people know who you are, by name?  I can say that there are thousands I have met, but not all remember me.  I am just another guy in a lot of my interactions, honestly.  But we all play a role of importance for some people, and they remember our names forever.  But, at most, I would guess (for myself) somewhere in the 500 range, if asked how many people could see me and know me by name.  The same is probably true of you, as well.

But the One we await is known by all... ALL!  He is known, by Name, to all the people of the earth who have ever lived.  He is known, by Name, to every animal and every blade of grass.  No one could ever say that they did not know of Him.  Whether or not they "got to know" Him is a different matter, one of choices that must be made and a process that must be followed... but they all know of Him.

So, once again, I will admonish you to remember to Whom you speak when you pray.  He is the most well-known being... well, ever... anywhere... and we cannot put Him on our schedule.  He has us already on His schedule, and we will play our roles into His greater purpose.  Thank Him for that certainty and confidence today, praise His Name in all its majesty, and honor the Lord in doing so!

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment