Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Waiting... and resting...

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety."
Psalm 4:8

So I mentioned yesterday that I started a new reading plan in my Bible, and this morning I found this verse... after an extremely peaceful and restful night of sleep.  The funny thing about this is that I have not been able to sleep through the night recently, and I have not yet been able to ascertain why.  I have been waking at around 3 a.m. for various reasons, and then going back to sleep without incident, but last night I slept right through it all.  (I even slept through the alarm, truth be told.)

But I got to thinking about how I continue to prepare myself for the best that God has for me, the blessings yet to come, and I realized that yesterday I really saturated myself with God's Word.  I mean, I read more yesterday than I usually do (embarrassing, yet encouraging to admit), and I was literally exhausted by the end of the day.  I slept peacefully, soundly and I feel far better today than I did in days prior.

The key to all of this is the preparation piece.  As I wait for what He will deliver me to, I continue to prepare for that day.  I keep moving forward, and I keep increasing my endurance for His purpose, and I continue to stretch my own limits of how much I can take in at once.  And He continues to bless me with the discovery that I can keep growing still!  And how do I know that I can continue?  How do I know that I can persevere?  Because He is here!

Jehovah-shammah, the Lord is there, is what I call out in gratitude as I study.  He is with me as I grow, and He blesses me constantly to endure and persevere and continue, by His grace and peace and love.  And it is His presence that delivers the safety I need to attempt to stretch beyond my perceived limits: I know that He will catch me if I fall off the tightrope, you see.  That safety and security allows me peace as I learn.  And it allows me peace as I sleep.  (By the way, He is with you, too, blessed one.)

Take time today to say a prayer of thanks for the Lord's presence in your life.  Thank Him for allowing you the peace and security needed to search for Him and His will for you.  And even though you may be waiting and preparing for something better, something which He will bring you to, never forget that our calling is FIRST to be faithful to Him and continue in the growth of knowledge and love and prayer.  Be encouraged, start saturating your life with the Lord and the Word, and honor the Lord in doing so!

God bless you all!!!

P.S. - a dear friend of mine is releasing an album called "Saturate," with a title track of the same name soon; seek out his voice of wisdom on the web, and be certain to pick up his album when it launches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sulRJjw-d4U

No comments:

Post a Comment