Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

We can wait...

"The LORD gives His people strength; the LORD blesses His people with peace."
Psalm 29:11

The title may be better worded as "we are able to wait," but I think both are fitting.  We are given strength and peace to wait and be calm and know that He is the Lord, and that we can rest upon Him.  In fact, He is really all we can rest upon, is He not? 

It's so funny to me how God will allow certain events to unfold.  I have this reading plan, and it happens that I cannot skip days, and so I arrived at Psalm 29 on Sunday... then I arrived at church and our minister welcomed us with Psalm 29.  And then, just this morning, I was pondering on Leviticus again (I'm into Numbers now, but I cannot shake the lack of fear that we have in comparison to those days), and I realized just how much strength was needed to try to remain under the law.  They couldn't do it, and I am certain that our current generation would not be able to take a single step, or even a single breath, without violating it entirely.  And then I knew I had to write about this.

I have been waiting a few days (again) before speaking on a new verse, and it has been beneficial.  I tell you the truth: meditation on Scripture is a powerful discipline, and once you begin to employ it, you discover that Lord does indeed bless you with strength and peace... and He does so as His word begins to mold and shape you.  We learn the Word, and we study the Word, and hopefully we can wield the Word, but it is more accurate to point out that through our blessings of strength and peace from above, the Word wields us!

Take a moment today to thank God for the strength and peace that you have.  And if you cannot yet see or feel it, then just take a couple of days to read Psalm 29 over and over and over.  Meditate upon the words and think about how the voice of God speaks to you today.  And then be silent: listen and focus and quiet your mind, so that you may hear Him speak to you.  Encourage others to follow suit in this, and honor the Lord in doing so!

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment