Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday's thought...

"The Lord will fight for you; you must be quiet."
Exodus 14:14

I return to a favorite verse of mine today, knowing that yesterday I promised I would work on my reactions.  And this morning, as I thought about that promise, I realized that I needed to follow that thought with this one, and that I needed the reminder of its power.  (I did actively catch myself last night and pray through a reaction... it was interesting, and I can see how amazing it would be if that were my first response all the time.)

So often, we all try to explain and justify and rationalize any and all reactions we have to any and all circumstances.  And every time we try, do you know what is constant?  We are speaking.  Our words are constant.  They never cease as we attempt to prove our own innocence to ourselves and to others, and we never take the time to just allow God's will to manifest in us for the right responses.  In short, we're too busy talking to hear what God has to say on it.

Today I would ask, humbly, that you all take an extra bit of quiet time for yourself.  I know it is difficult, but if you can find the way and the time to just sit silently and listen for God, I would encourage you to do so.  Quiet your mind of all the nonsense that pertains only to this world, and allow the presence of the Spirit to fill your mind with the things of Heaven.  As we grow in the practice of meditation, we will all bring honor and glory to the Lord... I promise!

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment