Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Patience... again...

"I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

Okay, I know I said I was "closing" yesterday, but I realized last night that in my haste (irony, right!) I forgot to mention a few things.  This one, in particular, is important to say and important to hear... for me, at least.

We must remain patient for the fulfillment of what we are to become.  So many people, myself DEFINITELY included, have this "I wanna be the best thing I'll ever be right now immediately" mentality.  But we miss the point that each step on our journey betters us, because it is God who has laid this path in front of us.  The work begun in us is one that will be carried out, for sure, but we must endeavor to see where we are growing and improving.

The Amplified version says that this work will be brought "to a flourishing finish," and I really dig that translation.  A flourishing finish... like with jazz hands and fireworks and a long power chord with dissonance that resolves at the last moment in a massive fermata!  But we have to actually get there first.  You don't get to that chord and hear it with all its power unless you hear the whole song before it.  Without the progression, it is meaningless.

Take a moment today to reflect on where you are right now.  Look back to see what brought you here, and examine where the Hand of God caused a turn to bring you to this point.  Then know that He will continue, and that you must be patient to allow it to happen.  He said He will do it... so He will.  Believe that, and honor the Lord in this!

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment