Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

Kindness... in closing...

"The Lord is righteous in everything he does; he is filled with kindness."
Psalm 145:17

We will close on this in the same place we started, with God's amazing kindness.  It says He is "filled" with it, and that everything He does is "righteous."  This, in case you didn't already know, is absolutely correct!

And as followers, we should attempt to follow this, just as we should with everything we have looked into thus far.  Wouldn't it be great to do everything you already will do, and know that it was the right and righteous thing to do, and you did it with kindness?  How much better would you sleep at night knowing you were kind, and not mean or rude or short or any of the other words we use to describe a lack of patient kindness?

I struggle HEAVILY in this area, as my family and friends would attest (if they were being completely honest and not sparing my feelings).  I am quick to respond, usually with a less-than-positive sounding tone.  It is not meant to be unkind, and not intended that way at all, but it "seems" that way to some.  I fight it at home; I fight it at work; I fight it at church; it is my single greatest personality flaw.  And it is one of the key reasons I started this study; I desire to better this in me, and I know that I can, by the strength and grace of God. 

Closing this portion is difficult, as I really enjoy reading about how kind God has been to me.  And then I further enjoy the exercise of putting that same kindness on display for others.  So I will ask that not just today, but from now on, we all keep kindness as a close companion.  Turn to the softer response in all situations, and show God's kindness in you and through you to all you encounter, and honor the Lord in doing so!

God bless you all!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment