Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Faith... for each other...

"Show family affection to one another with brotherly love.  Outdo one another in showing honor."
Romans 12:10

I would never presume to ask that any one person put their faith into another person, as we are to have faith in God and His plan.  But in light of that faith that we have in God, we can certainly have faith FOR one another, which would allow us to seek only the best in each other.

This thought comes directly from an experience I had with a friend of mine last night, a man whom I've known since high school.  He and I sang together in high school, and I always envied his strong grounding in faith at such a young age.  But as I spoke with him last night about the changes in me since that era, he showed me this brotherly love, and displayed the best of what it means to have faith for another believer.  

Like him, there are many people within the churches I have been blessed to attend that have accepted me with open arms, having faith in God for me to grow as a Christian.  In fact, there are so many of them, it would be difficult for me to list them all... we'd literally be here all day if I tried.  But suffice it to say that these people pushed me, led me, encouraged me, rebuked me: they loved me, and they still do!  I count them all among my greatest blessings, along with my high school friend.

Take a moment today to think about who in your life has shown this kind of faith for you, and think about ways in which you can better display faith for someone else.  To start simply, focus on seeking the positive things on purpose.  Catch people doing things right, rather than assuming the worst from anyone you may or may not know.  And for those that have grown out of their childish ways, have faith that God has performed a work in them.  The encouragement this faith provides is more powerful than you can possibly know.  Show them and everyone you encounter that you have faith for them, and honor the Lord in this!

God bless you all!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment