Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

Orientation and explanation...

Blessed friends, I am about to take you on a journey through devotion and music, prayer and praise.  I have been given permission to work through this material by the artists that I will reference extensively, and I will attempt to always have a video link to the song I speak of each day.  Today, being the first day, I realize that some orientation is needed before we dive in too deep.

"Because I'll never hold the picture of the whole horizon in my view; because I'll never rip the night in two it makes me wonder... who am I?  Who am I?  Who am I, and great are You!  Great are You, Lord!"
"Great Are You," by downhere

This journey will be one of introspection, but before we look to ourselves, we must first look to Him.  We must do this, because He is to be first in our lives, and we must be aware of our speech and thoughts when we approach Him.  Ephesians tells us we have boldness and access directly through Christ (Eph 3:12), and this is certainly true.  Couple with that, though, the wisdom of Solomon from Ecclesiastes as he warns us to guard our steps (Eccl 5:1), and we see that we can enter... but we do not need to burst in with demands.

This first song today is for the purpose of reminding us of our own place.  He is great.  We are not.  That's really all there is to it.  So as you listen today, please focus for just a few minutes on orienting yourself to prayer.  Be more aware of how you pray, and with what heart and mind you speak to the One that created all things. 

Remember: who am I... and GREAT are You, Lord!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCglkTHeMPo

No comments:

Post a Comment