Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2011

Waiting... in closing...

"Be silent before the LORD and wait expectantly for Him; do not be agitated by one who prospers in his way, by the man who carries out evil plans."
Psalm 37:7

I am ending this study on waiting with this verse, because it needs to be clear that we are to continue to wait, to wait with expectancy and to NOT be discouraged by what we see in the world.  Remember, we are to be in the world, but not of it, right?  So do not give yourselves over to discouragement and doubt and disappointment that you have not seen anything change just yet... to walk away from the Way for these reasons is the same thing as saying that God is incapable... it is blasphemy.

And I want to be exceedingly clear on this, because I know that some people will take issue with that statement.  So I'll come at it from a personal viewpoint, and hopefully that will help dissolve any problems.  I am simply not of the status to demand that I see the Lord move and change things.  I am not worthy to expect that all this happen in my lifetime.  I pray for it to, but it may not, and I have accepted that as a strong possibility.  It will happen, and I am certain of this, because God IS faithful, and He will NOT falter in His promises.  Just because I don't see them come to fruition does not give me license to call Him a liar.

Also, we wait with expectancy, hoping that we will see the changes, because we are to be ready to embrace the Kingdom, if we are so blessed as to be present to witness its arrival.  But if we wait with joy... true, Biblical joy, that is non-situational, permanent, irremovable... then we should never for even an instant lose heart and question our faith and belief in the promises made by the Father.  There is no reason for us to fall away in this, and every reason for us to remain steadfast and immoveable as we wait.

We've looked deeply into waiting, and I have learned quite a bit about not racing into things without first taking them before the Almighty.  I pray that this has been as eventful and powerful for you as it has been for me.  Take a moment today to encourage someone you know to slow down and pray, and await the voice of the Lord, and honor the Lord in doing so!

And, as always, I pray grace and peace over you and yours, blessed friends!

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment