Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Joy as a companion...

"Weeping may spend the night, but there is joy in the morning."
Psalms 30:5b

One thing that has always helped me in times of distress or concern has been to personify that which keeps me grounded. In light of this, I would encourage you to think primarily of joy as your companion.

In a larger work of mine, I describe wisdom as a lady that can be courted (reference Proverbs 8). Wisdom, obviously, is not a person. Neither is joy. But this friend, joy, is a permanent thing for us as Christians.

And, as I close my thoughts on joy, I remind you again that it is not, never has been, and never will be a situational thing. Joy is forever. Joy is for always. Joy is for you and me, and it is PERMANENT! So bring joy to your home, and realize that your sorrow may last for a night, but there will be joy again in the morning. And, oddly enough, joy is there even in the sorrow... even if it's sometimes hard to see.

Take time tonight to realize and recognize the joy in all things. Spend the time needed in any situation from now on to see the joy before examining the negative. Focus on the positives first, always, and your joy will be more and more apparent in all things. Add it to the love you more readily see and show, and honor the Lord in all things through this.

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment