Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

God's love... continued...

To use the same versefrom yesterday, I would like to add one final illustrative point. When we think of God's love, we have to think of it from God's view, which means we need to understand and appreciate it as an immutable thing. This means that it cannot... CAN NOT... change. It is complete, all of the time, for everyone, forever.

Some use God's grace as a way to define and explain His love for us, in that grace is unmerited favor. And to use that term is perfectly fine, as long as one understands that grace covers all things... ALL THINGS... and cannot be adjusted to fit lifestyles or comfort zones. If it changes, it is no longer grace. It then becomes favoritism.


So do me a favor... think of that one unforgivable person in your life right now. The one that has done either one thing that is so very wrong, or has done many wrong things that culminate to unforgivable status. Do you have the person in mind? I do... it's me. And if yours is any different, then you have missed the point.


The only person I can ever control or worry over is me, and I am responsible for my actions. And it is my walk with Christ that I can improve or let slip, and no one else's. But, as the song says, "He loves me anyway."


Take a moment today to humble yourself before the Lord, and ask that He show you tangible love today. Get back to the basics of it all and admit to yourself, out loud, that you are still a sinner; a saved sinner, but a sinner nonetheless. And while asking for forgiveness is no longer necessary, a healthier perspective will bring forth positive motion toward ridding yourself of another level of your fleshly desires, whether they are in greed or lust or envy or any such thing. And thank God for the privilege to return to the Throne and praise Him... because He loves us, no matter what!

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment