Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Whatever is...

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
Philippians 4:8

So often we focus on the negative in our lives. I posted a few days back that I had a "pity party," and that I was the only person in attendance. That is so true for almost all of us, isn't it?

And then when you bring your spouse into the picture, I would bet that every person on the planet can agree with me that it is easier to see the faults. But why do we do this? I think I do it because my wife and I are so very much alike... I see my own faults in her, and they remind me of myself, and I get mad and want her to change. However, as a noted father and son pair of authors recently taught my church, no one can change anyone other than him/herself.

So today, I ask that you take the extra seconds necessary to look deeper into your spouse for the things that Paul speaks of in this verse. And then dwell upon how blessed you are to have a husband/wife that truly reflects these characteristics. Because if beauty is in the eye of the beholder, we should be looking for the best and most beautiful in the one we chose to share life with!

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment