Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

Today's thought...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

It is odd how things work out, isn't it? How one can believe that they are in the perfect place, and then it all gets ripped away in an instant, only to find an even better place! My wife said to me yesterday, "I have given it over to God (my work situation), because He already has the details worked out."

Now THAT is true wisdom! And she is correct; the Lord knows what is happening now, what has happened, and what will happen. And through the sadness of a lost job, and the trials of a job hunt, I have grown closer to my entire family. Neat, right?

But the key is this... God knew who to put me with. She has helped me in so very many ways, the largest of which has come in my growing up. And His plans for me have definitely not harmed me.

Spend time today thanking your spouse for who they are, and for what they support you in, regardless of how big or small. As said before, an attitude of thankfulness changes many things. And I am asking again for you to be thankful for your spouse. And thank God for your spouse, as well. He deserves all the glory, after all!

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment