Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Attitude

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Col 3:23-24

This morning, when I should have been praising God for another glorious day that He has given to my family and myself, I failed. I showed my humanity this morning, most of all to my beloved wife, who should never see any less from me than that of a powerful, godly leader of the home. But I decided to have a pity party.

No one came.

I was mad at her at first, for shutting me down, but it has proven to be one of the greatest things that could have happened today. You see, my wife is amazing... not to overstate it, but simply AMAZING! She knows when I need to be knocked down and when I need to be picked up. And she knows that I reference Scripture a lot, with a lot of topics.

And when she told me that I made the decision to stay at home for a while, and that I am in control of the option to return to work, I remembered the verse above. I haven't been working at it with all my heart. I haven't been relishing in the joys that come each day. Nope, I have been focused on the negative. But that's all going to change, thanks to the objective view my bride brings to me!

Thank your spouse tonight for being the one person that will put you in your place when you NEED it. We all fall short of the glory of God, and all of us need to be reminded that we are all sinners every once in a while. It takes a true friend to point that out to someone openly... and there is no better friend to me than my wife!

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment