Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year; New Challenges

Every good and perfect gift comes from above.
James 1:17

So I took the month of December and spent it with family, not typing or blogging at all. I have had some interesting new developments and challenges come my way, and I think it's time to share the way I have faced them. After all, with much advice, plans succeed, right?

I lost my job in November (in retrospect, actually a pretty good thing). Our family has been blessed enough to have a dual income, and my wife is capable of supporting us, so I have been at home with the children. It was the prudent decision to make, as daycare is our largest single monthly expense. So I have now become the 21st century Mr. Mom, cooking and cleaning and playing with the munchkins. But you wanna know something? I wouldn't trade this gift for the world!

I have a whole new appreciation for the stay at home parent now, since I am one, and I realize just how difficult it can be. It's a lot of stuff to juggle.

But I am looking to re-enter the workforce. I have given thought to all kinds of things... most prevalent would be returning to the career for which I have a degree. That's probably where I will end up; back in a funeral home.

Big point to all of it though, is that my marriage has NOT... I repeat, has NOT suffered because of this. We are actually closer now than we were before. And I know, as my wife does, that it is only by the grace and peace that only God can provide that we are allowed to do this!

So, as I wish you a happy New Year for 2010, I would ask one favor of you. Please thank God for your spouse daily this year. Just do it. Your spouse is a gift from God. You'll be surprised how a thankful attitude can change so very many things in your life!

God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment