Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Responsibility, cont.

"Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives."
1 Tim 3:1-2

Boy, oh boy... could I tell you some stories about how my wife won me over. There is no one better at winning over than my bride, and no one smoother at slipping in truths from the Word. To continue our discussion on Cleansing with the responsibility of the wives, I think it is wrapped up neatly in this verse.

We, too often, take our wives for granted, and pay far too little attention to the things they do for us. But, even for the most unemotional, stereotypical male, there are those moments when we wonder why she is doing all of these things for us? And (sorry about this one guys) our well-hidden insecurity comes bubbling forward in these times.

I remain amazed at my wife, for how she does everything she does. She truly is an inspiration to me!!!

Pray tonight with your spouse that your respective responsibilities would come with little difficulty to you. Remember that God has joined you together. Keep that moment when you smiled and said "I do" fresh in your mind, and never lose that!!!

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment