Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Foot in Mouth

Somehow tonight, I have managed to let my pride slip back into my speech.

I forgot, for a moment, that my calling is to build people up... not tear them down.
Eph 4:29

But thanks be to God for the wonderful and loving wife He has blessed me with! She saw right through my hypocrisy, and called me out on it. (Thank you, Lamb!) It is always helpful to have a close friend, loved one, or spouse be willing to tell you when you've gone too far.

My "too far" was to state that I would pray for this man, when I do not know him. You might say, "that sounds like a great thing to do!" But the truth is that he and I stand on opposing sides of a political issue... and he used the Lord's name in vain... and I told him that such usage of the Lord's name is not befitting of an educated person, and that I would pray for him.

As my beautiful bride pointed out, I was condescending in that moment, and not reflective of the love of Christ. And I thank her, and thank God for her.

Pray tonight that you will be receptive to the truths that you lay upon each other. After all, no one knows your spouse better than you do! So when a harsh truth is brought out, remember that it is for your benefit.

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment