Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Joyful Noise

O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
Psalm 95:1

So I am a singer... and I tend to keep that hidden from people. I am extremely shy about it, and nervous always when in front of others to perform. Well, with one exception; my wife.

I can sing in front of her till the end of time, and it will not make me the least bit uncomfortable. I love to sing around her! Moreover, I love to sing to her! But today, I found something out about myself that I had not known.

I was sitting with one of the Worship Leaders of our church, singing as he played, and my glasses were fogging up. I started to think about the way I sounded, and then I felt my voice going flat. I stopped, apologized, and we got back into the song. Just then, I removed my hat and glasses, and closed my eyes, and began to sing for God... not for me... and a wave of peace came over me like a cool breeze.

Now I can add a second exception to my "not scared to sing in front of" category, in the person of this Worship Leader. But, more importantly, I can add an entity to this list as well; God. I have always sung in front of God, as He is always there. But today, I sang FOR God, knowing He was RIGHT there!

Not everyone is a singer, and not everyone is musically inclined, but everyone has a hidden talent for something that God can use to expand His Kingdom. Pray together today that you and your spouse would discover (if you haven't already) the hidden talents that you can each use to advance the Kingdom. And then pray that you will go forth and do it! It's not easy at first, and I'm still a little shaken that I did this today... but the greater reward is going to be worth it!!!

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment