Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Closing thoughts on pride...

Briefly, I would like to make one final assertion about pride.  It is something that dawned upon me yesterday, and something that I believe bears repeating. 

It would be better to recognize your pride and kneel to the Father, requesting His help to contain it, than it would be to assume you're able to carry the weight of it with no assistance, only to be brought low by Him when your arrogance needs to be broken.
~ 4th Wall Ministries

If that means you acknowledge it on your own maturely, then great.  If it means that friends and family point it out to you until you cannot avoid it, then great.  But if you choose to go on in your pride, the Father will bring you into a severe dose of reality, and you will look back and ask yourself, "Why did I think I could {insert transgression/prideful act/prideful speech} in the first place?  I know better!" 

Trust me... I know far too well, from far too many experiences, in far too many areas of my life. 

And, as said before, don't try to be humble.  Just be humble.  Kneel in attitude to God's will for you in every moment, and you will be more humble... and you will be more at peace.

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment