Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The 2nd of 7... part 3...

I have no scripture verse for this thought, but I must share it with you.  Today I called a dear friend, one in whom I have confided many things, and I told him of this new study in the seven deadly sins.  I told him that I was currently working in the sin of lust, and that I was finding difficulty in writing about it. 

The truth is that I am excessively hyper-sensitive about this particular one, and nothing seems to allow me to move past it.  However, today I believe that I have found an answer, of sorts.  My friend and I have agreed to be accountable to each other with respect to this particular sin, and we have agreed to a one call every three days rule, which will contain what a great pastor I know calls "accountability questions."

We're going to challenge each other with whether or not we've been guarded in the things we've seen, whether by chance or by design.  We'll discuss the prayer life we have as related to this topic, and encourage each other to grow and move closer to the Father, and farther from lustful thinking.  We're going to chase after Biblical manhood, honoring God, our wives, our children, and ourselves by making positive choices, and holding each other accountable to continue in that fashion.

As is normal for me, I won't name my friend here... but I thank God for him, and he knows it.  I would encourage you to find someone with whom you can build the same type of friendship, and the same type of trust and loyalty.  It is vital to our walk with Christ to do this, so that we can grow and learn and become a greater force for the Kingdom.

Had to tell you...

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment