Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Exciting news!!!

Beloved friends…


I have been invited to join an amazing Mission Trip to South Africa, and after spending time in prayer over it, I believe I am being called to go. Serving overseas has been a dream of mine for many years, and this is finally the time that I can fulfill that dream for the first time of what I hope will be many, many journeys to share the love of Christ in my life with others all over the world.

I write to you, humbly seeking your support for the trip itself. I have listed below exactly what I will be doing and where I will be, along with the cost of the trip. The overseeing organization is World Hope Ministries International, and the group is filled with powerful Christian men.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Matthew 28:19-20, NIV

This trip includes the following:

• Leave Houston Intercontinental on Friday, March 1st at 11am and arrive South Africa Saturday evening, March 2nd; Return to Houston Intercontinental on Sunday morning 9am.

• Cost is $1500 flight + 500 housing/food in country +$250 materials = $2250 total per person - Money cannot be the issue – If God calls you He will provide the friends, family and church who will join you on this mission trip if they believe in it

• The goal of the trip is hundreds of lives changed and at least one new church plant

• We will be doing one-on-one evangelism in several SA prisons. God has already led Pastor Willy to enter into 215 prisons, see 33,000 young men saved and transformed and several dozen new church plants. So we are not the first but we will continue joining God in His extraordinary work in transforming prisoners in SA.

• We will give our testimony before crowds of hundreds of prisoners, we will preach and lead worship before hundreds of prisoners, and we will disciple and encourage the saved in the prisons

• We will also share the gospel and our testimonies in Muslim schools all around his church

• We will share the gospel in Somalian squatter camps, baptize new believers and start churches in these squatter camps

I would ask that you gather with your family, and pray over whether you feel led to aid me in this journey. If you come to the decision to do so, please know that it is a matter between you and God. You can send your donations for my trip to World Hope Ministries International, PO Box 11808, Spring, Texas 77391-1808, and place a letter inside describing the purpose of the donation. Do not place my name in the memo line, as that would not be a tax deductible donation. The letter or note placed inside with the donation will set it aside for my trip and service to the prisoners in South Africa.

If you are not led to donate monetarily, please be certain to keep the trip in your prayers before, during, and after the dates above.

And, as always, I pray grace and peace over you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment