Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Today...

"Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their efforts."
Ecclesiastes 4:9

This verse has been the champion verse of this blog since the beginning, and I use it today in grateful appreciation for ten blessed years with my wife.  Our rewards have been vast, and they have been far better than possibly imaginable... because they have been shared by the two of us, together!

I am grateful, also, for the failures that we have experienced (mostly mine, I'll admit that freely), because they have led to most of the successes.  And in saying this, I wish to offer encouragement to all who bless me by reading my scribblings when I post them by saying that there is literally no limit to God's power to overcome difficulty.  You and I may not be able to overcome it in our own strength, but He is more than able and then some!  It is possible... and believe me, there have been times when we questioned that, but we remained faithful to the Lord first, and we have kept growing because of that.

When we married, I was challenged to become the Spitritual head of our home, and I honestly didn't have a clue what that meant.  I was a baptized and saved Christian, but not an active participant in the Kingdom.  I was also not a studied believer, and was unaware of many, many things.  I had not read the Bible at that time (and am actually just completing that task for the first time as we speak), and did not personally own any Bible beyond the children's version I had received many years prior.  My wife sparked in me the need to grow, the need to learn, the need to fulfill what and who I was meant to become.  She bought me my first NIV Bible, which was used in writing my first book.  That Bible sits on display in my office, and is a constant reminder of her love for me.

When we had our children, she challenged me to be the godly father that every man should aspire to be.  She openly insisted that I be in church, and that we pray before meals and at night with our children.  She continues to push me to be a better daddy, and I can never thank her enough for that encouragement, as I can never thank her enough for the rebukes that I am given when I stray from the course.

When I began to study, she encouraged me to write and write and write.  It was her idea to begin this blog, actually, so that I would have an outlet to uplift others with my journey.  She encouraged the publication of my first book, and inspired entirely the premise for my second one.  She provided me then, and still does to this day, a constant source for checking ideas, thoughts and direction for my calling to write. 

In point of fact, she also introduced me to the class and teachings of the man who would become my Spiritual Mentor, the one person I turn to for advice and correction in all things, other than my wife.  It was her plan to visit this gentleman's Sunday School class, and from there began a long friendship.

And just this morning, when she awoke to find the Elf on the Shelf arranges with a vase of flowers and some symbolic ornaments from our Christmases together, she encouraged me yet again in my creativity. 

In short, my wife is amazing, and I am beyond blessed to have her as my helpmate and partner in life.  No one could ever match the woman that she is... ever.

But the best part is that she achieved this level in my eyes because she tried not to be in front of everything... she is a servant-minded woman, who takes care for her family before anything else.  Her own needs are constantly pushed aside willingly as she gives and gives and gives and gives some more to all three of our wonderful children and me.  She emulated the principle of being last to become first... and I praise God for her presence in my life everyday as a reminder of how good a man I should strive to become.

So, to sum up, today has been an amazing day for us both.  We have realized just how impactful we have each been upon each other.  We have received some of the kindest words of encouragement we thought possible from many, many friends (and thank you all for each one).  We have agreed that these are ten of the greatest years of our lives... and we look forward to the years to come.

Thank you all for your love and support... and God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment