Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Last night...

In the constancy of our return to the Father, I feel it necessary to point out that we are not good people who occasionally do bad things... we are bad people who occasionally do good things.  And when that moment comes for each of us, where we are held up to the comparison and contrast of ourselves next to the Father to Whom we return, the differences are as numerous as they are horrifying. 

"From my sleep tonight I woke to a frightening sight.  All the best of me held up to Your perfect light."
"Last Night's Daydream" by downhere

And it happens like that, doesn't it?  We just all of a sudden have an "A-HA" moment, recognizing His true beauty in comparison to our wretched deformity.  It comes upon us like we had never thought of it before, and we are sitting in the stark clarity of the moment, almost ashamed that we are not worthy to see Him at all.  And you know what?  That is the truth.  The world likes to tell you that you "deserve" certain things, but Christian sibling all any person on this earth "deserves" is hell and death.  That is fact. 

"Now I see the paint run on the water-color kingdom, and I wanna believe again just like the first time, when from my eyes You took that scales that blinded."
"Last Night's Daydream" by downhere

And the kingdom mentioned is, of course, the world and what it will teach and tell you.  But the world was made by God (Genesis 1:1), not the other way around.  And it is He who gives us the victories to which we cling through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world (1 Corinthians 15:57).  And it is through His work and His grace and His provision that we are accepted into God's Kingdom. We certainly DO NOT deserve it... but it is given to us anyway.  And realizing that grace, fully present in our lives, is an enthralling moment! 

"While the world is asleep now, I'm wrapped up in wonder of all I could never dream.  That night is a treasure, I wanna remember, I wanna forever be in last night's daydream."
"Last Night's Daydream" by downhere 

There are many in the world who are still asleep, unaware of the Truth as we know it.  And in these powerful moments of revelation in our lives, these great and inspiring times of accountability which force the honesty out of us, we hurt for those missing the point of this life.  We also hurt for ourselves, and some (like myself, on occasion) believe that their strength has waned to the point of uselessness.  But then...

"When I come to the end of me, I'm relying on Someone other... come to the end of me, I'll be living for Someone stronger."
"Last Night's Daydream" by downhere

He will strengthen you for this and any other task (Philippians 4:13).  All that is required of you in this is as simple as the ABC's of Vacation Bible School: Admit to God that you are a sinner, in need of Him; Believe that Jesus Christ died to save you from your sins; Confess the Name of Christ as Savior of the world and Son of God to people you meet (Matthew 28:16-20).  Accept it... believe it... confess it... and He will provide you with the strength you need to carry on, even when you think you've run out.  The question is, are you ready for that charge? 

Remember: Here am I for Your sending.

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment