Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

A brief interruption...

I want you all to take a moment today and reflect upon the last year.  I am doing that, and all of the things that have happened are rushing to the surface.  I read the Bible in 87 days this year, wrote two books, pubilshed 4 times as much in this year than any prior year on the blog...

I also rediscovered a passion for music in percussion, sang in my church many, many times, and found a new favorite band.  I watched my love for my wife grow beyond what I thought possible, and watched my love for my kids literally expand in exponential style.  I watched friends become successful in dreams, and sat in awe of their courage. 

2011 has had some odd turns, as well.  But even through all the downturns, the odd injuries and trips to the emergency room, the arguments and moments of concern, this year has taught me one thing above all: God is AWESOME!!!  And this is true, as it always has been and always will be, for all of us.  I know this, because with each missed step and each negative feeling, I realized that I was relying more and more on the Father... and less on myself.  

The point is, for all of us, we need to make certain that we all focus intently upon how much we rely upon the Creator.  We, all of us, try so hard to manage things under our own strength, and we ignore the simplest means of assistance that is so obvious and so poweful... prayer!  So make a resolution to make 2012 a revolution in your prayer life.  And never, ever turn back!

As always, I pray grace and peace over each and every one of you.  And I pray that 2012 will be, for all of us, a year fully dedicated to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit!

God bless you all!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment