Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Going back...

I'm going to take one step back and make certain that one point is clear.  Yesterday I mentioned that we need to keep telling God's story, and I believe firmly that we should.  However, I want you to know that it is true that if we chose not to tell the story, that even the rocks would cry out - God's story never, ever dies (Luke 19:40, 21:33).  And in looking at that truth, we return to the constant theme of life, as well as this devotional work: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

"I go back to the chorus, back to the main theme, I just keep goin' back to You."
"Back to the Chorus" by downhere

You see, in all the time we could ever possibly spend together, the only constant is God.  And we continually return to Him in discussion and thought and purpose out of habit.  Would you like to know how I know that?  I know because the main theme of any given thing is what we always return to.  Think of your favorite song right now... humming the chorus yet?  We always gravitate to the main focal point of a story or a song, and it is no different with our own lives.  God is the main theme (Isaiah 6:8).

"This is no fad.  You're my quintessential soundtrack, 'cause in my heart I crave the only One who saves."
"Back to the Chorus" by downhere

Think about it... even if only in times of distress and trouble (at least, in the beginning), we all tend to call upon Him when we are in our moments of true need.  And it is not something we sit down and process, either.  We just go to it.  Some people "suddenly" start attending church or Sunday School, some people "suddenly" begin to pray every day, and some people "suddenly" begin to read the Bible or other devotional style works.  It is instinctive... it is innate... it is supposed to be that way, and we know it deep in our being, and that is why it happens.  We return to the primary theme, which is God (Revelation 4:8).

"It's all I can do.  It's all I can say, 'cause in my heart I crave the only One who saves."
"Back to the Chorus" by downhere

And no matter how many points and sub-points I could deliver to you from this particular piece of writing, I would constantly return, as I have since the first moment in this study, to the Father.  He is the main theme (Revelation 22:13).  There is no other being that can be called the Creator (Genesis 1:1), and no other being that is referred to as I Am (Exodus 3:14).  No other being literally is the Word (John 1:1), and no other Name can bring salvation (Acts 4:8-12).  So it is that we constantly return to the Truth (John 14:6), because it is... He is the Truth.  He is the theme.  He is the chorus of the greatest song ever sung... a song He wrote, which we are blessed to be a small part of... but we will forever return to that for our entire lives on this earth.  And then we will return completely to the chorus, completely to Him, when we finally reach our home.

But that hasn't happened yet... not yet.  So ponder and think and sing today, and recognize that you will always return to the chorus.  The question is, are you singing your chorus, or His?

Remember: I go back to the chorus, back, You're my main theme.

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment