Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

Rediscovery...

In giving thanks, we must also have a moment of realization about our study of the Word, and that comes through clearly in today's song.  We must understand that we are always learning, and always rediscovering truths about the Father that we did not know before.  We must also accept that we don't know Him as well as we would like... and we probably never will until we reach Heaven.

"The whole universe is witness to only a part of what You've done."
"Let Me Rediscover You" by downhere

Have you ever given thought to that?  The entire universe was created with a Word (Genesis 1)... but no part of the universe has seen all of the universe.  Therefore, if we personify the galaxies and the stars and the black holes that are out there, we see that no one part has seen it all, and that we are all only witness to a portion of His amazing works.  Therefore, we cannot possibly know all there is to know, and rediscovery of Him is paramount!  And in learning to see Him in all things, we rediscover new truths about how things work.

"Let me rediscover You, and breathe in me Your life anew.  Tell me of the God I never knew.  Oh, let me rediscover You."
"Let Me Rediscover You" by downhere

The first time I heard that chorus, I thought that the phrase "tell me of the God I never knew" sounded like something that would be said by someone who did not believe in God.  But after thinking on it, I realize that this phrase is powerful for the Christian, beyond anything I could have originally imagined.  We all have "stuff" in our lives, and all of that tends to shape our image of God... but it is not God's true self.  We cannot know that here on earth, in this life.  And as we see more of His true self in the small glimpses He allows for us, we do rediscover Him a little more each day.  In that vein, we get to "meet" Him all over again.  

Further, because His mercies are new each day (Lamentations 3:22-23), we rediscover how much He loves us with each and every missed step.  And we see it more and more and more clearly, each and every time we fail and fall and forget and show how fickle we are in our flesh.

"Of all the mysteries, still the greatest to me is that You're faithful when I fall.  How can I say I know You, when what I know is still so small?"
"Let Me Rediscover You" by downhere

His ways are higher than our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9), and He does not fall to fleshly nonsense and frailty.  He is God!  To be clear, for emphasis...  HE.  IS.  GOD.  No one else is, and no one else will be.  The mystery of His faithfulness to us eludes us at every turn, and we cannot ever truly understand it in this life.  But as we progress and learn and grow and pray... and pray... and pray... and pray some more, we will grow closer to seeing more tiny slivers of truth of who He truly is, and how good He truly is.  So don't be discouraged by not knowing Him as well as you might have thought to did, but rather be encouraged by the opportunity to learn more about Him each moment!

Remember: Let me rediscover You.

God bless you all!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2LR2_Z3nfM&feature=relmfu

No comments:

Post a Comment