Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2009

Top Of My Lungs

"At the top of my lungs, I will sing, 'HALLELUJAH!' You're the One who saved me; the One who gave me this life I live... forever more!"

I cannot put into better words the expression of this song by Phillips, Craig and Dean. It is one of the songs that I yearn to hear every day to remind me that I, too, should be shouting from the rooftops! These three men are definitely correct in this chorus. And it applies to so many things!

So why don't we all shout like that? It says in the song that we should make a "joyful noise," just as it says in so many places in Christianity. So what is stopping us???

Fear. Fear of proclaiming, as we have been COMMANDED, the Truth of the Word.

The fear of being proud of who we are and Whose we are seems to be a constant that we cannot overcome in our tolerance-based society. The blessing here, though, is that God is bigger than any constant... He is the ONLY Constant!

This chorus also speaks to the blessing of marriage. How many affairs happen because of the adulterer not speaking up about who or whose he/she is? How many happen where one party has no idea the other is married? I bet that if statistics were taken on that subject, the outcome would be baffling!

Speak up, brothers and sisters, and do it with joy! Proclaim from the mountaintops that you are joined in the eternal bonds of Holy Matrimony, blessed by the Father, and filled with the Spirit, with Christ in the center! In doing this, you further honor the Lord, and His institution of marriage.

Along with that, find one person today to share your faith with. Stand up for the Man who died for you, and share what it means to be a Christian husband/wife. Stand up for the faith that you cling to when times are tough, but do so with an exalted voice of praise! Paul did it with regular beatings, chains, imprisonment, hunger, thirst... and throughout most of that, he was STILL witnessing for Christ! He knew that the reward of Heaven is greater than anything on Earth.

So many times in life, we decide to keep quiet about things. I pray that the blessing of marriage in your life will NOT be one of the things that you keep quiet about! Take time tonight to thank God for the spouse you have. And pray together that the Lord will bless your marriage and keep it sacred.

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment