Search This Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2012

The 6th of 7... part 4...

To close out our thoughts on sloth, we'll return to Scripture and look to a very well-known passage.  I use this today as an encouragement, which I hope this whole section has been, to stand firmly against laziness, especially in the spiritual realm.  Sometimes we feel like we just can't do it, or we just can't measure up, but...

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13, ESV

In reality, I could stop there and leave this thought at just that piece of information.  I mean, when you think about it, there really isn't anything else to discuss beyond that, is there?  Jesus can literally do all that we can think of, and all that we cannot think of, and it is He who strengthens us as Christians.  It is through His sacrifice in silence, His atonement and blood, that we are able to stand taller than we ever could have before in the face of the enemy... because I've read this story, folks, and I know how it ends. 

As an aside to that, a friend asked a teacher I know to do a study on the Book of Revelation.  The teacher, a very well-educated man and well-respected in the field of Theology, answered my friend very simply.  He said, "Two words: God wins."  I don't know about you, but I sat up a little straighter just hearing the encouragement in those two words.  We already know the ending of all this, and we're able to withstand... but it is not through our power.

It is ONLY by the power of the Lamb that we are able, and by no other means.

If there were an overall point, it would be that Christ is the only source of real ability and strength, folks.  Through His power, His grace, His ability, we are able to get up and go do whatever it is that we need to do.  We are able to serve His people, and be the hands and feet of His body.  We are able, and the only thing stopping us is our own sheer laziness, and lack of belief in our Savior's abilities.

Once again I'll point out that there is a difference between believing IN Him, and just BELIEVING HIM!  Believe that He can do through you what He has done through so many people throughout history... the amazing!

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment