Search This Blog

Saturday, November 17, 2012

I Am Second... volunteer night...

So, I had the blessed privilege last night to go to the God's Not Dead Tour concert at the Reliant Arena, serving with the volunteer team from I Am Second.  I walked in, got my t-shirt, got the run down on what we were doing, and then we were off and running!  Some amazing things happened last night... and God moved, right in front of us at the sign-up table!  He definitely increased.

"He must become greater; I must become less."
John 3:30, NIV84

I'll get the easy stuff out of the way first.  I got to meet a favorite DJ (Kent Matthews from KSBJ and NGEN Radio), and snap a picture with him.  I met a young man named Sam Hancock, lead singer of Luminate (sign up to follow their page on facebook), and had the privilege to speak with him for a few moments.  He is quite a powerful young man, and filled with the Spirit as he proclaims the Word!

I bumped into Building 429 after the show, and discovered that they are some great people, too!  And the top of this first portion came when I was able to stand in front of Michael Tait from the Newsboys, snap a photo with him, and tell him how impactful his music has been since the days of DC Talk.  I was certainly blessed in all this!

However, these things (although quite exciting) were not the highlight of the night.  No, friends... the highlight of my night was watching a PACKED Reliant Arena in Houston raise their hands to our Father in Heaven in worship and praise.  I saw thousands of hands, thousands of closed eyes, thousands of mouths moving with words of praise and worship flowing off their lips.  I watched as those same faces lit up with pure joy, regardless of which band was performing. 

With Luminate, we all proclaimed that we will raise our Banner of Love... and the crowd praised God, and was blessed!

With Building 429, we all proclaimed that you can Take This World, and Give Me Jesus... and the crowd praised God, and was blessed!

With the Newsboys, we all proclaimed to be Jesus Freaks, openly acknowledging before anyone who has questions that our God is NOT dead, but is SURELY alive... and the crowd praised God, and was blessed!

And with the I Am Second organization, I watched and spoke to hundreds of people about what it means to me to put God first, and to put others first, making myself second.  I told them of the difficulties I have had, and how placing the Trinity in the first position has helped me to realize that my role is to follow Christ and His example.  I explained that I have the opportunity to blog through some of the new book coming out, and people were quite excited to hear about the devotional covering 365 days of the year.  I spoke about the Expeditions that IA2 is going on, and the opportunities to get on board and join the team, and people were showing massive inerest, not only in going on the trip alone... they wanted to bring their children (young children), to educate them on the need to serve, all over the world.

I watched hundreds of people sign up for the IA2 organization's emails and information, and I witnessed God's hand moving in the lives of the people before us through this global movement.  I am grateful to have been so blessed by this opportunity, and I will certainly go and serve again!

God bless you all!

Follow Kent Matthews on twitter and instagram: @KentMatthews
Follow Luminate on facebook: Luminate
Follow Building 429 on twitter: @Building429
Follow Newsboys on twitter: @newsboys, @michaeltait7, @duncanphillips
Follow I Am Second on facebook and twitter: I Am Second, I Am Second Volunteers, @iamsecond
And hashtag them ALL, as often as you can, to help spread the Word..... GOD'S NOT DEAD tour, 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment