Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2016

Let me be...

Let me be quick to hear...
Let me be slow to speak...
And let me be slow to anger. 

Let my life be
Full of Your grace and peace,
And let me live for the Savior. 


Y'all... I wrote song lyrics!  I know that might sound odd, but the truth is that I can write pride and poetry, but I've never been able to write song lyrics. Truth be told, though, I was inspired by a sermon. 

It's the fault of our current pastor, as he's working through James.  One resolution he proposed was that we should follow James 1:19 closely, because that is a wise thing to do.  And... I mean... I suppose he's a little right.  😁

What he doesn't know is that James 1:19 is among those few verses that I have written out in a very personal manner, and that's the point of tonight's thought... I think you should do the same thing. 

Just for you, just as a reminder of things that are important, write out verses like James 1:19 with your name in the verse. You'd be surprised how beautiful a moment it can be when you speak Scripture back to God in a personal manner... owning it... choosing it... living it out!

Grace and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment