Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Today's thought...

"And the Spirit entered me and lifted me to my feet, and I listened to the One who was speaking to me."
Ezekiel 2:2

The prophet Ezekiel makes multiple mentions of being "lifted to my feet" in his work. And the real truth is that he was seeking the mercy of God for the people of Israel. But to be lifted to your feet, you have start somewhere else... in prayer, on your knees.

Our marriages are similar, in that when we seek restoration or mercy from trials, we should be aware of how we ask and what position we start in. I would imagine, for those of you with present difficulties, that starting FIRST in prayer, kneeling before the God of peace and love and victory over all trials, might bring about some clarity. And if you truly expect to be lifted to your feet by the Spirit entering you, you will have to start lower than standing.

Take a moment today and read this passage with your spouse. It does not speak directly to marriage, but if we take the object lesson and apply it as such, we may learn something about the power of prayer in our homes.

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment