Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Today's thought...

"Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
Psalm 23:6

You know, if you take a second to think about it, our spouses are almost always cleaning up after us. And they do so with love and kindness towards our iniquity and flaw, as they married us for better or worse. So, in a way, this verse speaks purely to marriage, in that my wife IS goodness and loving kindness, and out of her love for me she follows me... mostly cleaning up what I messed up, but she assumes the servant-leader role.

And I know that in some things she would say the same of me. There are times when each of us are supposed to lead, and the other is to follow. It is the way of love to allow someone else to shine, or take point, or just go first in line.

And as for where we dwell. Well, since we're Christians, I think no further explanation is needed on that one.

Take time today to thank God for the one who follows you... and for the one you follow. That kind of love is from God... and He deserves the honor and glory and majesty in this, and all other things!

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment