Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Psalm 127:1

"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain."
Psalm 127:1a (NIV)

This verse is so commonly referenced in conjunction with marriage. And rightly so! When my marriage began we both were Christian, but not on fire yet. She was a member of a local church, and I was.... well.... let's just say I was not.

And we weathered our fair share of storms together in the past eight years. But it started to get easier when we realized that God needed to be our first focus... not ourselves. It is so easy to forget that point, you know?
Matt 6:33

I would say to everyone that the first focus of your marriage needs to be your relationship with the Lord. First as individuals, and then as a couple. This is the best way you will find your purpose in His plan, and your rightful place in your own home. And trust me, you ARE a part of His plan.
Jer 29:11

But moreover, as we discuss the "builders" of the "house" (you know, ourselves), we find that the building cannot be completed without help from God. And, in the 4th wall concept, it would be fairly difficult for me to hold two walls and my wife to hold the other two, and then Hurricane Beelzebub could roll right through us! Blessedly, we do not have that worry! Three of our walls are built and sustained by the Lord, and cannot be harmed.

And so, I conclude where I began by saying that our 4th wall is all we have to focus on. As a believer, you have no fear from the other three walls... because He is holding them up!!!

God bless you!




1 comment: