Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Today's thought...

Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you; rebuke a wise man and he will love you."
Prov 9:8

How do you take criticism? Do you get mad at the person who offers it (like I often do) or do you accept the words as instruction?

This particular point has been on my mind for some time now, as I am an example for my household to follow. Whether that example is a good one is up to me. But I should always strive to be as Christ-like as possible, which would mean that I must show grace to all who speak to me. Even if their words are negative and harsh, turn the other cheek still applies.

Take a moment today to reflect on how well you deal with rebuke. Pray for a greater capacity to accept each point of criticism as gracefully as is humanly possible. After all, is there any better characteristic to strive for in a Christ-like walk than to show true grace to another?

God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment